Neuropathic symptoms with SARS-CoV-2 vaccination

3 Likes

Ah it’s our frenemy Avindra Nath. He was originally helping the vax injured and seeing how they response to corticosteroids and IVIG. Now he’s being pressured not to recognize vax injury.

If similar manifestations can occur with the vaccination remains unknown.

Well that’s a lie. He was literally studying the same manifestations in the vax injured. I guess he won’t be publishing the case series data on the vax injured anytime soon. EDIT: I am an idiot. This paper is the case series.

It wasn’t that long ago when Nath was discussing vax injury on a Body Politic interview.

At 1546 seconds Nath talks about J&J vaccine injury Dr. Nath Presents on the "Neurological Complications with COVID" - YouTube
At 2800 he discusses rare neurological side effects of vaccines https://youtu.be/YpfHoz22ePk?t=2800

Among patients with neuropathic symptoms, the rate of SFN may have been high?

Together, 52% (12/23) of patients had objective evidence of small-fiber peripheral neuropathy

The response rate to corticosteroids and IVIG seems a little too high. There may have been some embellishment there. We’re not seeing easy-peasy recovery in long haulers after corticosteroids.

58% patients (7/12) treated with oral corticosteroids had complete or near-complete improvement after two weeks as compared to 9% (1/11) of patients who did not receive immunotherapy having full recovery at 12 weeks. At 5-9 months post-symptom onset, 3 non-recovering patients received intravenous immunoglobulin with symptom resolution within two weeks.

Indeed, are the fine folks at NIH attempting to suggest that these serious effects are easily resolved?

I think he told some people that the V injured just need to take a course of corticosteroids and it’ll be all fixed up.

But on a more serious note, I’d like to emphasize the friend part of frenemy. Hopefully we end up in a world where the vax injured are working with him again. I’d like to see that.

I have been trying to get an MRI with contrast to no avail from my doctor but after hearing this video I realize any blood vessel inflammation won’t be picked up. This doctor says he found the clots etc with diseased brains at 11 something magnetism, not the regular MRIs offered to us

3 Likes

I feel like the vax injured should just avoid MRI with contrast. The benefit is unclear- has anybody gotten anything useful out of that test?

And then the downsides are understood. The gadolinium injured have support groups just like the vax injured do.

MRI without contrast can still find things like Chiari, MS-like lesions, etc.

2 Likes

I agree MRI are way over ordered these days.

I guess you’re not a ‘give me all of them’ kind of guy.

2 Likes

After having no issue with contrast for MRIs for years, I reacted to contrast with a severe rash and swelling. Will not have contrast again unless life threatening.

1 Like

I was one of the first participants in NIH’s covid vaccine “study”. While I’ve been waiting, like others, to see a published article, as Nath promised, this report is a set-back. I don’t take lightly that Nath’s team repeatedly told us and (participant’s) community providers that corticosteroids need to be taken well beyond 2 weeks. I lost count of how many times I heard the message – too short of a course of steroids, not high enough dose, etc. would not be effective. And I can say specifically that they knew I was on a short course (by their standards), and it didn’t fix a majority of my issues. AND THEY KNEW IT. To misreport the observations and findings of a NIH study, as Nath and Savangi have done in this article – is research misconduct. They should be held accountable. Perhaps starting with a letter to the journal editor from those of us who had different experiences and knowledge that conflicts with what’s reported in the article. Really, to publish an article that doesn’t accurately present the facts will delay further research on vaccine side effects, and blunt the understanding of the mechanisms and ultimately, learning what treatments are effective.

4 Likes

Do it!

It so clear to us that so many individuals and organisations at every step of this disaster have been misrepresenting, obfuscating and outright lying. They all need to be held to account.

1 Like

Hmm I know that Bree sent a letter/comment to the NEJM about the AstraZeneca clinical trial and they rejected her comment. When she mentioned the editor of the journal on a VBRPAC call, that editor got pissed.

So if they publish in one of the captured journals, then a letter to the journal may not go anywhere. As I’ve suggested elsewhere, a video would be good. (Voices can be altered if people want to protect their privacy.)

Also I feel like most of the blame should lie on Nath’s bosses. Nath was actually trying to help in the beginning. He’d be doing research now (with NIH’s super fancy and super expensive toys like their 11 Tesla MRI machine) if his bosses didn’t make him cover up vaccine injury.

1 Like

See if any of the authors have posted anything on ResearchGate and comment directly there. Then their whole network will know about it.

1 Like
i contacted my Gp after I had to have paramedics come in April 2021 as I woke up not able to move my legs, i have Fibromyalgia/ME and osteoporosis of my spine because of all this and my reactions started nine weeks after first vaccine in February 2021 .
Gp put the extreme back pain, the muscle spasm's/ numbness of my toes, numbness of my thigh/ tingling in my hand. down to fibromyalgia but I kept saying it wasn’t he didn’t listen and by December the pain was if the scale but I was told we think it’s a fibromyalgia flare it will go eventually but this was totally different to anything I have had before, no one listened and now one cared I pushed for an MRI it showed corner odema and inflammation and I had a fall feb this year it showed fractures and cracks they didn’t understand where the odema and inflammation coming from so, i just had my second MRI and no one knows still why i have severe back pain, i cant walk hardly and when i do i am like a crab side ways i cant walk properly even with a stick now, i have one shoulder lower than the other, they dont know why i have inflammation and odema all over, i am in 24/7 pain and know one knows why this is happening.

Before  i had these vaccines i was mobile independent but my husband had to give up work to be my full time carer,i can no longer drive, or even make myself a cup of tea, my right hand is useless.

my elbow is swollen its red and scaly gp doesnt know why as it came on a few weeks ago so i have steroid cream its not helping.

my weight has gone up and its not from eating as my weight and height were ok before.

i dont smoke or drink alcohol i never have.

i am waiting for my results of my second MRI as my first one showed the inflammation.
The physio think something has inflamed my nerves and asked me if I took drugs!!!! I am 62 and the only drugs I am taking is painkillers which I started when this happened and wasn’t on any medication before and I certainly don’t take those types of drugs.
1 Like

If you don’t put the three periods before and after, then this forum won’t think that you’re writing computer code that should be formatted a certain way. Here’s what you posted:

i contacted my Gp after I had to have paramedics come in April 2021 as I woke up not able to move my legs, i have Fibromyalgia/ME and osteoporosis of my spine because of all this and my reactions started nine weeks after first vaccine in February 2021 .
Gp put the extreme back pain, the muscle spasm’s/ numbness of my toes, numbness of my thigh/ tingling in my hand. down to fibromyalgia but I kept saying it wasn’t he didn’t listen and by December the pain was if the scale but I was told we think it’s a fibromyalgia flare it will go eventually but this was totally different to anything I have had before, no one listened and now one cared I pushed for an MRI it showed corner odema and inflammation and I had a fall feb this year it showed fractures and cracks they didn’t understand where the odema and inflammation coming from so, i just had my second MRI and no one knows still why i have severe back pain, i cant walk hardly and when i do i am like a crab side ways i cant walk properly even with a stick now, i have one shoulder lower than the other, they dont know why i have inflammation and odema all over, i am in 24/7 pain and know one knows why this is happening.

Before i had these vaccines i was mobile independent but my husband had to give up work to be my full time carer,i can no longer drive, or even make myself a cup of tea, my right hand is useless.

my elbow is swollen its red and scaly gp doesnt know why as it came on a few weeks ago so i have steroid cream its not helping.

my weight has gone up and its not from eating as my weight and height were ok before.

i dont smoke or drink alcohol i never have.

i am waiting for my results of my second MRI as my first one showed the inflammation.
The physio think something has inflamed my nerves and asked me if I took drugs!!! I am 62 and the only drugs I am taking is painkillers which I started when this happened and wasn’t on any medication before and I certainly don’t take those types of drugs.

Sorry you’re going through all of that. I might stay away from certain content like this because you’ll go through an angry phase that’s not the most productive.

See this guide if you haven’t already: Newly injured guide - Long Haul Wiki

I personally think that persistent infections are causing the health problems. For some reason, the vaccine affects the body’s ability to hold persistent infections down. Here’s my wiki page on it. As far as treatment goes, I outline some things that people should try first here: Hot takes on what to try for vaccine injury (Mar 2022 edition)

I hope that helps.

1 Like

Thanks for your comments. Couple of thoughts… I wouldn’t want to judge the reaction of all other journal editors based on one :). Let each study participant’s conscience guide them if they think the paper represents their experience.

I wasn’t a fly on the wall during Nath and NIH’s leadership communications. But will disclose many of my perspectives are shaped by my 4+ decades research career involving NIH, including my postdoc training. I retired from NIH not long ago.

Long covid research is a low hanging fruit for researchers yet brings pressure. NIH has received heat about its failure to recruit study participants after Congress allocated $1.2B to them a long while back. With the low recruitment numbers I saw, Nath likely was behind in recruiting for his long covid studies. They’re short staffed and covid activities have typically been done in addition to staff’s other commitments. Nath pivoting his attention to long covid isn’t shocking. The more problematic piece is that the vaccine results that he and Savanagi spearheaded appear to have been twisted. I’ve worked with his NIH “bosses” on research activities and based on those experiences – at this writing I do not believe they’d condone changing research findings. I just don’t. However, I did witness disturbing things about how Nath and his team ran his research pertaining to the vaccines. I may bring up more in time. I’ve never discussed them outside of NIH.

I’m still thinking this through as the paper needs damage control. It’ll be challenging to garner more research interest (i.e. funding – the cornerstone of research) with the findings Savanagi and Nath presented.

The video has some possibilities depending on reaching the target audience(s).

One of NIH’s robust machines was used for my brain MRIs. Nath placed me on the covid protocol to study my brain. I had many cranial symptoms from V, but never had Covid. Even with NIH’s super machines, whatever is going on at the cellular level wasn’t detected via MRI’s – even NIH’s. However, NIH’s super machine did give me new tinnitus and I lost hearing thereafter.

2 Likes

That is so weird. Did you get contrast dye? (Gadolinium?) Some people seem to report negative reactions to MRI without contrast dye… it seems strange that MRI can cause issues. (The dye is known to cause rare problems… they have support groups just like this one.)

I’ve heard other stories of tinnitus getting worse after some people’s MRI.

1 Like